Find all the latest news and resources regarding Canadian Sport Institute Pacific and COVID-19 below
All CSI Pacific Facilities Now Closed
After thorough discussion with our senior leadership team and following the recommendations of the government and in consultation with our Chief Medical Officer, we have decided to completely shut all our campuses (Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler) effective 5pm, March 17.
View CSI Pacific’s medical & para-medical contact list during this time.
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): May 21, 2020 21/05/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): May 20, 2020 20/05/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): May 6, 2020 06/05/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): April 29, 2020 29/04/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): April 22, 2020 22/04/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): April 15, 2020 15/04/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): April 8, 2020 09/04/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): April 1, 2020 01/04/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): Mar 25, 2020 25/03/2020
- Advisory on COVID-19 from SMAC (Sport Medicine Advisory Committee): Mar 23, 2020 23/03/2020
You may find the following seminars and documents useful during this time:
May 7th, 2020
Coaching Effectiveness Part 2: Skill Acquisition & Theoretical Coaching Models
– Jennifer Joyce
April 30th, 2020
Coaching Effectiveness Part 1: Skill Acquisition & Theoretical Coaching Models
– Jennifer Joyce
April 24th, 2020
From Intermittent Fasting to Game Changer: Diet Trends to Entice the Masses
– Ashley Armstrong
April 14th, 2020
Strength and Conditioning Under Quarantine
– Mary Claire Geneau
April 8th, 2020
Fueling on a Plant-Based Diet: Is It the Key to High-Performance?
– Genevieve Masson
March 31st, 2020
Developing Resilience: The Role of a Challenging Mindset
– Mustafa Sarkar
March 27th, 2020
Detraining and Performance Residuals: Minimal Effective Dose?
– Stuart Phillips, Trent Stellingwerff
March 25th, 2020
Disruption by COVID-19: A Conversation on Mental Wellbeing in the World of High Performance Sport
– Sharleen Hoar, Christie Gialloreto
- Nutrition Tip: Staying Satiated with Food While Staying at Home [via Twitter]
- Nutrition Tip: Vitamin D While Staying Home [via Twitter]
- Nutrition Tip: Savour Your Food [via Twitter]
- Nutrition Tip: Eating Structure [via Twitter]
- Nutrition Tip: Recipe Sharing [via Twitter]
- Nutrition Tip: Muscle Maintenance [via Twitter]
- Nutrition Tip: Twenty Minute Challenge [via Twitter]
For CSI Pacific-registered National Team athletes, if you have questions related to health, injury diagnosis and/or injury rehab, you can reach out to our CSI Pacific Health Sciences Team. Please see the list of CSI Pacific medical and para-medical providers below, and how they may be able to help you during this time.
If you would like to talk with any of these people below, please contact Amanda Thornborough at firstname.lastname@example.org with details about which practitioner you would like to contact and for what reason and Amanda will provide you with next steps.
Paddy McCuskey, CMO of CSI Pacific, is a physician in the discipline of Sport and Exercise Medicine and is available for consultation remotely, including via secure video telehealth and telephone, to discuss any medical questions you may have. This may include questions related to the current COVID-19 pandemic, personal health issues and/or musculoskeletal problems that may be interfering with your ability to train in isolation.
Sue Lott is a registered physiotherapist in BC working with Canadian Sport Institute Pacific and Rowing Canada along with a private practice operated out of the Vikes Sports Injury Clinic at the University of Victoria. She has a wealth of experience working with a number of sports and parasports including triathlon, rugby, diving, cycling, mountain biking and athletics to name just a few. During this COVID 19, situation and the need for social distancing, Sue will be available to provide telerehabilitation and virtual services including the following:
- Monitoring of current management of injuries
- Injury assessment and recommendations for management of injury including self care options, education and exercise advice
- Movement assessment and exercise prescription. This may include retraining exercises, mobility and/or core stability work.
These services can be completed through phone conversation or video conferencing.
Sandeep Nandhra is a certified Athletic Therapist and Strength Coach working out of the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific. Sandeep has worked with a number of sports within the CSI family including: Rugby, Diving, Para-Triathlon and Track & Field. During the COVID-19 shutdown Sandeep will be available online/phone for:
- movement screening
- remote programming
- discussions around strength periodization
- return to sport consultation
- injury assessment
Didié Hamel-Jolette is an certified Athletic Therapist and Strength & Conditioning coach working with CSIP and the High Performance Center of swimming in Victoria. During this period of confinement due to COVID-19, Didié will offer additional services to help support targeted athletes, such as:
- Online athletic therapy consultation
- Online movement assessment
- Online rehabilitation exercise prescription
- Online strength & conditioning recommendations and programming
“Looking forward to help you stay healthy and fit!”