Powering Podiums is a series of high performance sport technical oriented workshops geared toward BC’s provincial and disability sport organizations. The aim of these workshops is to provide the sport sector relevant information to improve sport excellence in BC and achieve BC government benchmark of athletes on national teams. A wide variety of topics will be sourced based on feedback and observations from provincial sport organizations. Workshop sessions are typically 2 to 4 hours depending on the topic.
Powering Podiums is a joint program created by Canadian Sport Institute Pacific and viaSport
Powering Podiums – Coach Mentoring
This event has been changed from its original date and been made online only due to COVID-19.
High Performance Coach Recruitment and Mentoring- Sharing Best Practice in British Columbia
- To facilitate a discussion around how we mentor coaches in sports system in British Columbia
- Provide a solid definition of mentoring and the mentorship process
- To identify best practices in the mentoring process
What are best practices in the area of mentoring and mentorship?
In this session we will look to set the scene and come to consensus around the definitions of mentorship and mentoring. We will investigate best practice from our invited guests and look at strategies to allow us to develop effective mentoring programs and strategies.
The goals of the workshop:
- Share best practice
- Share experience in breakout sessions
- Develop strategies to support HP mentoring
Previous Powering Podiums Sessions
View content from previous Powering Podiums sessions:
- 12/19 – Crisis: Managing Our HP Programs When Things Go Wrong
- 06/19 – Crisis: Managing Our HP Programs When Things Go Wrong
- 03/19 – Powering Progression Through Data Solutions
- 10/18 – Keep Our Coaches Happy & Healthy
- 06/18 – An International Perspective on High Performance Athlete Development
- 03/18 – High Performance Coach Pathway
- 11/17 – Para-Sport Synergies
- 09/17 – PODIUM SEARCH and RBC Training Ground
- 07/17 – Post-Secondary Alignment