Powering Podiums is a series of high performance sport technical oriented workshops geared toward BC’s provincial and disability sport organizations. The aim of these workshops is to provide the sport sector relevant information to improve sport excellence in BC and achieve BC government benchmark of athletes on national teams. A wide variety of topics will be sourced based on feedback and observations from provincial sport organizations. Workshop sessions are typically 2 to 4 hours depending on the topic.
Powering Podiums is a joint program created by Canadian Sport Institute Pacific and viaSport
click image to expand
Powering Podiums – Exploring the Art and Science Behind Practice Innovation
BC High Performance sports coaches are working hard to provide programming for athletes and trying innovative ways to enhance athlete and coaching practices. As we know, this past year has had more than its fair share of challenges! But what evidence is there that these innovative practices work in progressing athletes further in their sport? Join CSI Pacific’s online series entitled Powering Podiums: Exploring the art and science behind practice innovation.
This unique series will explore current practices used by B.C. High Performance coaches, and offer reflections from world leading researchers in skill acquisition who will provide the science behind the intervention. This is a practical series that will include an interactive sharing of ideas in on-line breakout rooms. Its aim is to help sport technical leaders and coaches explore how innovation is being used to foster athlete development in a collaborative manner with leading researchers.
Previous Powering Podiums Sessions
View content from previous Powering Podiums sessions:
- 01/21 – Conversations Around Youth Mental Health
- 05/20 – Adapting Athlete Targeting During Unforeseen Crises
- 05/20 – Supporting Athletes Holistically During COVID-19
- 04/20 – Strength and Conditioning in a COVID-19 World
- 04/20 – Coach Mentoring
- 12/19 – Crisis: Managing Our HP Programs When Things Go Wrong
- 06/19 – Crisis: Managing Our HP Programs When Things Go Wrong
- 03/19 – Powering Progression Through Data Solutions
- 10/18 – Keep Our Coaches Happy & Healthy
- 06/18 – An International Perspective on High Performance Athlete Development
- 03/18 – High Performance Coach Pathway
- 11/17 – Para-Sport Synergies
- 09/17 – PODIUM SEARCH and RBC Training Ground
- 07/17 – Post-Secondary Alignment