RICHMOND, BC – Athletes from across the country are coming together this weekend for the inaugural Game Plan Summit and seventh annual Canadian Sport Institute Pacific (CSI Pacific) Athlete Advance. The two events will be held in conjunction with one another, but will feature distinctive athlete streams.
Over 200 high performance athletes will be participating in the two days of events at the Westin Wall Centre YVR, with the Summit and the Advance boasting an exceptional roster of presenters, keynote speakers and Olympic and Paralympic athlete panellists.
The inaugural Game Plan Summit gathers national team athletes for an evening of networking with industry leaders, followed by a full day of seminars led by experts in brand, career and financial management. The aim of the event is to provide athletes with access to leading-edge knowledge and tools to help them best leverage their current and future opportunities. Game Plan is a collaboration between the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC), Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC), Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN), and Sport Canada to provide the best resources this country has to offer to our national team athletes – a team that has given so much and inspired so many.
The Athlete Advance is a conference designed to educate and inspire BC’s current and future Olympic and Paralympic athletes in their quest for podium performances. Athletes will have the opportunity to attend workshops by leading experts in their respective fields as well as the chance to network and engage with partners of CSI Pacific.
A keynote address from three-time Olympic Medallist Catriona Le May Doan will kick off the events on Saturday.
Media are invited to attend the keynote address and lunchtime media availability for photo, broadcast and interview opportunities with athletes listed below. Media may also film b-roll during session breaks. Click here for more information & seminar schedule.
- Catriona Le May Doan, Keynote Speaker and three-time Olympic Medallist
- Karina LeBlanc, 2012 Olympic Bronze Medallist – Soccer
- Helen Upperton, 2010 Olympic Silver Medallist – Bobsleigh
- Jeff Christie, Two-time Olympian – Luge
- John Wilcox, Cycling NextGen Team Member, National Junior Track Cycling Team Member
- Kendra Pomfret, Athletics, 2013 CIS Cross-Country Canada West Student-Athlete of the Year
Saturday, Nov. 7th
- 9:00am – 10:15am: Keynote Address: Catriona Le May Doan
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Lunch time media availability with keynote speaker and athletes
Westin Wall Centre YVR
3099 Corvette Way, Richmond, BC V6X 4K3