After thorough discussion with our senior leadership team and following the recommendations of the government and in consultation with our Chief Medical Officer, we have decided to completely shut all our campuses (Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler) effective 5pm this afternoon, March 17.
This is a change from Monday’s update in which some operations would continue at our facilities. We realize it is now appropriate, for the health and well-being of our staff, to suspend operations at all facilities. All three campuses will be completely closed until further notice.
Note: PISE’s track and soccer field are still open at this time.
The opportunity to provide service to the athletes remotely is still an option.
Ways in which our staff can work with you remotely can include:
- Strength & Conditioning advice by Skype / FaceTime etc. on programming, bodyweight / simple equipment circuit training, technique coaching, etc
- Nutrition consultations online
- Mental Performance consultations online
- Game Plan consultations online
Medical & physiotherapy: Dr. McCluskey and Sue Lott are still available for electronic and phone consultations and can advise online what further follow up is appropriate based on an athlete’s health situation. This includes items such as: self-treatment; stretching; core stabilization; etc (in liaison S&C with the athlete’s personal coach) and any other appropriate follow up.
For further information on the above, please contact
- Kirsten Barnes, Director, Performance Service: email@example.com
- Noah Wheelock, General Manager, Operations & Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendy Pattenden, CEO: email@example.com
Thank you all for your understanding. We will update you as soon as we have any further news.
CSI Pacific Senior Leadership