The Canadian Sport Institute Pacific is excited to announce a new incentive-based bursary for NCI-BC graduates who are selected to coach Team BC at a Canada Summer or Winter Games. The purpose of the bursary is to raise the qualification standard for Team BC Canada Games coaches and recognize the commitment made in coaching at the games.
Provincial Sport Organizations in BC are encouraged to identify Games coaches who are eligible to enroll in the NCI-BC Advanced Coaching Diploma programming at least 2 years out from a designated Canada Games. The next intake for the Advanced Coaching Diploma begins in September of 2013.
NCI-BC / Team BC – Canada Games Bursary
Award: $500.00 (Payable to Coach)
Number: Maximum 10 per games
- Coach must have completed the Advanced Coaching Diploma at the NCI-BC. Currently enrolled coaches who coach at a Canada Games will be eligible for the bursary upon completing Diploma requirements.
- Coach must be verified as Team BC selected coach accredited at Canada Games to coach Team BC athletes at the time of application.
- Coaches must provide evidence of completing NCI Advanced Coaching Diploma requirements in either the old or new program, or be verified by NCI-BC as a graduate of the program.
- This bursary is eligible for future games starting in 2013.
- Coach must be a current member in good standing of Coaches of Canada.
Application: Coaches should forward a letter or email outlining all eligibility requirements to the NCI-BC Director.
Selection: Selection of candidate will be made by the NCI-BC Director.
Deadline: Please submit applications to David Hill, NCI-BC Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 15 at 5pm PST.
Bursaries will be announced at the International Coaching School Wine & Cheese in Victoria on Friday, May 24, 2013.