Canadian Sport Institute Pacific Has Open Call For Canada’s Next Generation Of Sporting Elite
VICTORIA, BC – Canadian Sport Institute Pacific invites athletes to test their capacity for sport performance at PODIUM SEARCH on Saturday, April 9 at 11:30am at UVic’s new Centre for Athletics, Recreation and Special Abilities (CARSA).
The age restrictions for these athletes are: Aged 14-22 for Olympic Eligibility and aged 14-35 for Paralympic Eligibility.
Athletes who perform exceedingly well may be contacted for further assessment and an offer to enroll in one of the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific’s Sport Programs and/or the Canadian Sport School.
Back for its fifth year, PODIUM SEARCH is a free, half-day athlete identification camp offering athletes basic physiological field testing and anthropometric test results to measure how they stack up against national team standards. Assessments include the vertical jump test, standing triple jump, and 40-metre sprint run, amongst other field tests in use by National Team programs.
Each participant will walk away with a copy of their test scores and an understanding of what it takes to become part of Canada’s sporting elite.
PODIUM SEARCH Athlete Identification Camp
Centre for Athletics, Recreation and Special Abilities
University of Victoria
Victoria, BC V8P 5C2
Saturday, April 9, 2016
WHO / ELIGIBILITY:
- Aged 14-22
- Competing in ANY sport at a minimum of club/regional level
- Mentally tough, competitive, and highly motivated
- Ready to become part of Canada’s sporting elite
- Fit, powerful, and strong
- Ages 14-35
- Have a physical or visual impairment
- With or without previous sport experience
- Interested in discovering for which Paralympic sports you are eligible
- Learn in which you have the greatest potential