The University of British Columbia will be offering an exciting new graduate certificate for high performance coaches and technical sport leaders in August 2015. The Canadian Sport Institute Pacific (CSI Pacific) has partnered with UBC to create the program, which has been endorsed by the Coaching Association of Canada.
The UBC Graduate Certificate in High Performance Coaching and Technical Leadership is a one-year, 12 credit specialized program for experienced sport coaches and technical managers who are looking to advance their careers.
“We are currently recruiting Canada’s best coaches and sport leaders wishing to pursue graduate level studies,” explained David Hill, Coaching and Systems Development Lead with CSI Pacific. “The certificate will provide credit towards a Master’s Degree for those interested in furthering their educational credentials and strengthening their career path in high performance sport.”
The development of skills in analysis and evidence-based decision making has been identified as a critical need by national coaches and technical leaders. A blended model of residential periods and on-line teaching methods will facilitate the participation of candidates from across Canada and around the world. The program will be integrated into the sport federations’ national coaching qualifications, offering the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) together with other academic credentials.
- Flexible design for practicing Coaches & Performance Directors – This is a one-year, part-time program that uses a blend of online and residential course delivery, with a scheduled designed for working professionals.
- Earn credit towards NCCP Advanced Coaching Diploma and a Master’s Degree – Earn modules within NCCP Advanced Coaching Diploma and 12 university credits applicable towards a Master’s Degree.
- Flexible Admission – Your coaching resume will be considered in the admission process to this graduate program, making this accessible to outstanding coaches in high performance sport.
INFORMATION SESSIONS WILL BE HELD ONLINE ON:
- Thursday, April 16, 4:00-5:00pm (PDT)
- Thursday, April 23, 10:00-11:00am (PDT)
- Tuesday, May 5, 12:30-1:30pm (PDT)
To register for an information session, please visit: http://kin.educ.ubc.ca/students/graduate/hp-coaching/
For more information, please visit: http://www.csipacific.ca/coaches/acd/ubc-certificate/