Powering Podiums is a series of high performance sport technical oriented workshops geared toward BC’s provincial and disability sport organizations. The aim of these workshops is to provide the sport sector relevant information to improve sport excellence in BC and achieve BC government benchmark of athletes on national teams. A wide variety of topics will be sourced based on feedback and observations from provincial sport organizations. Workshop sessions are typically 2 to 4 hours depending on the topic.
Powering Podiums is a joint program created by Canadian Sport Institute Pacific and viaSport
Powering Podiums – Developing and Retaining Officials
As we return to sport a major talking point has been focused on the area of officials. Not only are we seeing a drop off of officials at all levels of participation, we are also seeing examples of the abuse of officials by coaches and parents attending events to ‘support’ their family members.
Why should High Performance Sport be concerned about the development and retention of officials?
Our assumption is that improved recruitment and retention of officials and judges will provide a higher quality of competition for our athletes and support athlete development in the province of British Columbia.
In this webinar, the main outcome is that officials are a key part of sport, and without them our athletes cannot compete.
Learn more about the recent event by clicking the link below!
Previous Powering Podiums Sessions
View content from previous Powering Podiums sessions:
- 06/23 – Developing and Retaining Officials
- 11/21 – Enhanced Excellence
- 06/21 – Exploring the Art and Science Behind Practice Innovation
- 01/21 – Conversations Around Youth Mental Health
- 05/20 – Adapting Athlete Targeting During Unforeseen Crises
- 05/20 – Supporting Athletes Holistically During COVID-19
- 04/20 – Strength and Conditioning in a COVID-19 World
- 04/20 – Coach Mentoring
- 12/19 – Crisis: Managing Our HP Programs When Things Go Wrong
- 06/19 – Crisis: Managing Our HP Programs When Things Go Wrong
- 03/19 – Powering Progression Through Data Solutions
- 10/18 – Keep Our Coaches Happy & Healthy
- 06/18 – An International Perspective on High Performance Athlete Development
- 03/18 – High Performance Coach Pathway
- 11/17 – Para-Sport Synergies
- 09/17 – PODIUM SEARCH and RBC Training Ground
- 07/17 – Post-Secondary Alignment