SPORT MEDICINE ADVISORY COMMITTEE UPDATE:
Yesterday the IOC and Tokyo 2020 made the official announcement that the Games would now be postponed to 2021 which will allow athletes to have some certainty and reduce their training.
Hygiene and Social Precautions:
- All Canadians should stay at home, work from home, and exercise at home to the extent this is possible. The actual regulations may be different from Province to Province but the essential principle is the same.
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people.
- There is a preferred hierarchy for handling coughs and sneezes.
- Best practice is to expel respiratory droplets into disposable tissue, dispose of it safely, then immediately wash or sanitize hands.
- Expelling respiratory droplets onto a flexed elbow is better than no protection or an unprotected hand but it is non-optimal, as virus then remains on either the clothing or skin of the elbow depending on attire, either of which then need to be washed.
- For protection of others – assume you are infected and behave as such.
- For your protection – assume all others are infected and behave as such.
View full updates here: