Are you British Columbia’s next National Champion?
Or Canada’s next World Champion?
The IGNITE Athlete Development Programis a multi-sport fundamental athletic skills program built to develop athletes within the Train to Train (T2T) stage of the long term athlete development (LTAD) pathway. The curriculum provides developing athletes with access to multi-sport training sessions designed to enhance motor skills and physical fitness at sport performance facilities in every region of the province, ensuring physical competencies are developed in age and stage appropriate programs.
The foundations of athleticism rooted in track and field, gymnastics and strength & conditioning are often neglected in the early stages of athletic development. CSC Pacific and PacificSport aim to introduce British Columbia’s next generation of Olympic Champions to the world class daily training environment that Canada’s most elite athletes currently enjoy. IGNITE athletes will benefit from the athletic training as well as nutritional consultations, mental performance skills sessions, regular physiological testing to benchmark progress and goal setting seminars.
The program was built by Canadian Sport Centre Pacific’s strength and conditioning and physiology experts, all of whom have earned Master’s and Doctorate degrees in their respective fields, in cooperation with an expert consultant group. The curriculum aims to build complete champions, from the ground up. Athletes have a more complete foundation of strength and athleticism reducing the incidence of injury, and will be more prepared to make the jump to provincial and national development teams. The IGNITE Athlete Development Program is meant to enhance and compliment your sport-specific training by giving you fundamental movement skills to build your overall athleticism and resistance to injury. The curriculum is carefully crafted to ensure your progression and improvement is attained. The intention of the program is to support athlete development in a holistic manner, introduce you to the same high performance training environment in which Canada’s Olympians currently train, and arm you with the tools you need to succeed beyond your current level of competition.
On top of the benefits of training with some of Canada’s best trainers and sport scientists, in some regions you will have the opportunity to meet and train with athletes from different sports and along-side some of the best athletes in the world. Many of the training centres where the IGNITE Athlete Development Programs are held are also home to Canadian Olympians and World Champions.
PACIFICSPORT INTERIOR BC - GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
- PacificSport Interior BC currently runs the IGNITE program in Kamloops, BC based out of the Tournament Capital Center.
- The IGNITE program is a 2 year (4 Quarter) curriculum which is designed to give specific outcomes and movement skills to athletes completing 2 full years. Each year is divided in two 5 month periods. At the end of each year Athletes will be issued a certificate of completion if they successfully meet their program curriculum requirements.
- Athletes who are selected for the program will be given a scholarship covering the majority of program costs. There is only a minimal cost to athletes at $60/month.
- Athletes must be between the ages of 12-15 at the onset of the programs.
- Athletes must be able to commit to a minimum of 80% attendance rate.
- Athletes must be training as part of a Local Sport Organization that provides consistent training and competitive opportunities
- Athletes must be registered with an eligible Provincial Sport Organization (see attached list).
- Athletes must either:
- Be / have been a member of their provincial team; or Provincial Development Identification or;
- Scored / achieved a result in competition that meets provincial team / Provincial Development or national championship qualification standards or;
- Be working towards provincial and national-level athletic success
Check out our "Frequently Asked Questions" page!